Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The end of an era, an uncertain future ahead

Well, a lot has happened since that transfer here to Grobb, and leaving Lost. I had a pretty good time with this guild called Malice that I joined with Moribund and Lizardling. It was great for awhile. I was with my friends. There were times throughout my time with Malice, that other fellow former "Lost" people/friends would come and join. However, many of them would decide to go on to other things, and in one particular case, even go back to Mistmoore. The short summation of things is that while I did enjoy being in one of the top raiding guilds in the world, I always felt as if there was something missing. For a long time, I turned to housing. On Grobb, with Malice being the best guild on the server, it also had some downsides. Well, it is true that there are always a few bad apples, and with that of course, it means ruining it for good ones. I tried hard to make new friends and send good karma out. It worked and yet it did not. Oftentimes I found myself alone with no one to talk to. I felt so alone there.. when I came originally to be with friends. They had found their own paths, and I guess, we all probably changed a little bit.
So, over time, I realized some things. I realized that my family really needed to come before the guild. It seemed at times in my eyes, that they were ungrateful for the lengths of sacrifice that I had gone through. I got a little tired of hearing the same thing. The continueous ego strokeing that went on. It had made me feel like crap long enough.
A big fiasco happened. The short of it, is that people were not happy that I chose to level and spend the time Anj had off with him. They didn't seem to understand/care, that I was doing what I had always done, and was now more than ever going to stick to my morals and put my family first.
I was really depressed. I felt really hurt and betrayed by it. I don't blame them completely though. I know for many of them, this game is all that they have. I guess, perhaps it might not feel very good to some of them that I have many things that they could only dream to have someday... a loving family (and not just my parents=p), not having to work or do things around the house, being spoiled rotten by someone of the opposite sex, being really LOVED...
I know that I am lucky to have these things.
I decided to step back then. I didn't know if I was going to quit all together at that moment or if I was going to leave the guild. I left a leave of absense. They rushed their way quickly to 60. Me? Actually, I guess I really could care less. The time away from the game has done me so much good. I play WoW casually with Anj still. I haven't decided weather or not I plan to cancel my EQ2 account because I got a position writing for Stratics. To be honest, we aren't too happy about the combat changes. I am not too happy with the feelings that it had left me from these guild experiences. But, no matter how hard you try, it will never be good enough for some people. I told them I had a wedding and things to take care of because I was pregnant, etc. When I came home from the trip, I found that I had been booted from the guild. Go figure, I was going to try and be the bigger person and just suck it up... I guess things have a way of working themselves out though.
I have been backstabbed, betrayed, verbally and emotionally abused... I don't need a game to make me feel like that. Hell, I don't need ANYTHING to make me feel like that.


So now marks the end of an era. I can honestly say that I have experienced the high end game. Unfortunately, you get to meet people that many would not normally associate with if they didn't have to. I am glad that I had met the people I did to make the game happy. I guess I just wish I had what I'd had on Mistmoore.. I probably never should have left my great reputation there, with some of the nicest people thusfar. There were good ones on Grobb and other servers, and bad ones too of course. But those good ones really made the game fun.
Here's to the end of an era, and an uncertain future ahead... for the first time in a long time, I feel like I am making the best decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home